New DLC is coming! Next Tuesday, October 9, 2018, we’re launching the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack DLC on Steam. This DLC will be free to download for all owners of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen on PC on Steam until 12:59pm ET on December 3, 2018.
This content requires ownership of both the base game XCOM 2, as well as the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion.
The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack DLC includes a collection of new game modes, maps, weapons, armors, Photobooth options, and more that honors the legacy of the XCOM series. In the video below, XCOM series Creative Director Jake Solomon talks about the inspiration behind this DLC, and offers details on all of the content offered within.
Tactical Legacy Pack is not only a celebration of XCOM, it’s a celebration of the fans who have supported us over the last six years. When asked what all of this means to Firaxis Games, Lead Producer Clint McCaul had this to say:
“It’s an honor to work besides so many talented and passionate developers to create something as special as XCOM 2: War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack, a content-rich DLC that not only celebrates the entire franchise but also says thank you to our fans. The halls of Firaxis were filled with excitement and steeped in nostalgia as we revisited and reimagined all the sights and sounds from the past decade of XCOM. I’m also super stoked for our fans to hear the all-new soundtrack inspired by the music from the original, XCOM: UFO Defense. It’s a perfect mix of creepy-meets-dark synthwave highlighted in Legacy Ops and breathes incredible new life into the campaign experience. I can’t wait for our fans to get their hands on this DLC!”
We’ll have more videos to come, going into greater detail on specific pieces of the Tactical Legacy Pack DLC, so be sure to subscribe to XCOM on YouTube and tap the bell to receive all notifications from the channel. In the meanwhile, here’s the full feature list:
NEW GAMEPLAY MODES:
- Legacy Ops – Command a squad of soldiers through a series of linked consecutive tactical missions:
- Central’s Archives – Central Officer Bradford, and other key members of XCOM, recount the pivotal operations that led to the rise of the resistance between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2:
- Blast from the Past – After the fall of XCOM HQ, Central Officer Bradford begins his journey to build the resistance by returning to where it all began.
- It Came from the Sea – The broadcast of a fledgling radio DJ is reaching an audience he didn’t intend. It’s up to Central to save the DJ from an endless horde of hungry listeners.
- Avenger Assemble – Join Lily Shen as she works to retrofit the Avenger into a new home for the growing forces of a reinvigorated XCOM.
- The Lazarus Project – ADVENT is kidnapping key members of the resistance, and it’s up to Central to rescue some of XCOM's most renowned operatives.
- Resistance Archives - Engage enemy forces in series of tactical missions increasing in difficulty.
- Skirmish Mode – Create and play your own custom XCOM tactical missions using the included editor that allows you to modify various settings (map, squad loadouts, objective, enemies, and more.)
- NEW MAPS: Engage in battle across 28 new maps including remastered maps and scenes from XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within. These new maps will be featured in Central’s Archives.
- NEW WEAPONS AND ARMOR: Equip your soldiers with reimagined versions of the conventional, laser, and plasma weapons, as well as Kevlar, Carapace, and Titan armor from XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Complete Central’s Archives to unlock these new additions for use in the main single player campaign.
- NEW CUSTOMIZATION AND PHOTOBOOTH OPTIONS: Customize your soldiers with new attitudes and helmets. Create new images in the Photobooth with additional backgrounds, colors, and character poses.
- NEW SOUNDTRACK OPTIONS: With the new Soundtrack Selector you can choose to play the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen campaign with the existing score, the score from XCOM: Enemy Unknown, or an all-new soundtrack inspired by the music from the original X-COM: UFO Defense.
- OFFLINE CHALLENGE MODE: Play through all 100+ War of the Chosen challenges as often as you want.
The Tactical Legacy Pack DLC requires ownership of both the base game XCOM 2, as well as the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion. The DLC will be free on PC for all owners of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen until 12:59pm ET on December 3, 2018. After this point in time, the DLC will go on sale for $7.99. The Tactical Legacy Pack will also be added to the XCOM 2 Collection, though this will have no effect on the price of the XCOM 2 Collection.
For any questions regarding the Tactical Legacy Pack, please consult our official FAQ on the 2K Support site here: https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009702974